Monday, April 27, 2015 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The Dupont Circle Hotel, The Heights
1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
Join the Chi Omegas in your area as they gather to meet with the Chi Omega National President and other national leaders to learn how Chi Omega is flourishing all over the country! Click here to learn more and register for the event.
The Rena and Jason Pilalas National
House Corporation Summit
June 18-21, 2015
Hilton Memphis (where Firesides is held)
939 Ridge Lake Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38120
- Opens late March
- Closes June 1st
- $50 fee for late registration
- If your house corporation is sending more than one delegate, please identify who will act as the main delegate prior to registering.
Schedule and Programming
- There will be two tracks of programming at the Pilalas House Corporation Summit: one track for house corporations who own their facility and one track for house corporations who have facilities owned by their university or who do not have a facility.
- Programming for house corporations who own their facility begins at 12:30pm on Thursday, June 18 with a lunch meeting.
- Programming on this day will cover: house corporation basics, finances, HR and employees, and food services/vendors.
- Optional tours of the Executive Headquarters will be offered, with bus shuttles, from 9am-11:30am on Thursday.
- These delegates should plan to land in Memphis no later than 10am, or the night before, to arrive at the hotel in time.
- Programming for house corporations who have facilities owned by their university or who do not have a facility begins at 8:15 pm on Thursday, June 18 with a reception.
- Optional tours of the Executive Headquarters will be offered via shuttle buses from the hotel from 9am-11:30am and 2pm-5pm on Thursday.
- Programming will continue for all delegates on Friday, June 20 from 8:30am-5:30pm, and we will end the night with a trip to downtown Memphis with dinner at Rendezvous BBQ Restaurant. The learning continues on Saturday from 9am-8pm with a wonderful reception that night recognizing house corporation members who have given exemplary service. Sunday, June 21 is the departure day, and there will be no programming or meals. Shuttle buses to the airport will run beginning at 5:30am.
- Programming throughout the summit will cover:
- Connecting with collegians, Panhellenic, and universities.
- Financial best practices
- Policies and risk management
- Board recruitment and planning
- Presentations from industry professionals
- Safety best practices
- Decorating, space usage, and trends
- Chi Omega national updates and news
- House corporations may send as many delegates as they would like. All house corporations are encouraged to send at least one delegate.
Primary Delegate from each house corporation:
- $50 registration fee (includes lunch and dinner during summit)
- The Fraternity pays for the hotel room for the primary delegate
- You will be asked in the registration process if you would be willing to share a room with a delegate from your house corporation or another house corporation. If you prefer not to share, you will not be charged extra. We do appreciate your flexibility in sharing a room to use the Fraternity's money in the most cost effective way.
- The Fraternity pays for the cost to fly or drive to the summit, including cab fare to the hotel
- Driving is reimbursed at .40 cents per mile.
- If renting a car is preferred, the Fraternity will reimburse for rental and gas expenses, excluding penalty charges.
- House corporation/delegate pays for baggage fees and additional food or snacks
- $450 registration fee (includes lunch and dinner during summit)
- House corporation/delegate pays for all travel costs, baggage fees, and additional food or snacks
- Second delegates willing to share a room with their house corporation's primary delegate will incur no additional hotel room fee.
- Additional delegates willing to share a hotel room:
- If space is available with the primary delegate from another house corporation, you will incur no additional hotel room fee
- If space is available with another additional delegate, the cost will be $64 per night. Charges will be applied to the credit card you check in with.
- For additional delegates who prefer their own room or who are not paired with another delegate, the cost will be $127
- You will be asked about your room preferences during registration. Rooms will be assigned based on the earliest registered delegates.
Travel and Hotel
- Airport is Memphis, TN (MEM)
- Primary Delegates are required to use Chi Omega's travel agent, Susie Tuggle at Travel Leaders, to book your flight. You may contact her at STuggle@TravelLeaders.com or (800) 825-3247 ext. 3. You must book your flight by May 25. Please mention that you are booking for the Chi Omega National House Corporation Summit when contacting Susie.
- All other delegates may book their flight on their own. Book your flight as soon as possible to get the best rate.
- HC-owned facilities: Arrive in time for 12:30 p.m. session on Thursday, June 18.
- University-owned facility or no facility: Arrive in time for 8:15 p.m. session on Thursday, June 18.
- Once you have registered, the Fraternity will make hotel arrangement on your behalf. We will send you confirmation information closer to the event.
We will send additional information on the reimbursement process closer to the event.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Jones at MJones@ChiOmega.com or 901-748-8600.