Join the Chi Omegas in your area as they gather to meet with Chi Omega National leaders to learn how Chi Omega is flourishing all over the country! Share these events with any interest Chi Omega alumnae Sisters, and stay tuned for more details.
4040 Central Florida Pkwy
Orlando, Florida 32837
June 23 - 26, 2016
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 6, 2016
Convention Schedule Overview
For a complete Convention Schedule, click here.
- Thursday, June 23: Major arrival day, meeting check-in, pool party, afternoon workshops, opening dinner
- Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25: Workshops, official business meetings, luncheons and dinners filled with celebration and reowned speakers
- Saturday, June 25: Final business meeting, final workshops, final celebration banquet
- Sunday, June 26: Major departure, no official Convention activities planned
- Chapter Leader in charge of the Cardinal Cabinet (Most often, this is the G.K.A. However, if your chapter's Cardinal Cabinet is overseen by someone other than the G.K.A., please be sure it is this person who registers, as educational programming will be best-suited for this leader.)
- Cardinal Cabinet advisor (alumna)
- Personnel advisor (alumna)
For full-time delegates, the registration fee is $750 per attendee. This includes all lunches, dinners, and workshop fees. Complimentary shuttles are also included in your registration fee to take you from the hotel to the airport on the major departure day, Sunday, June 26th. Delegates pay for their own transportation to and from Orlando, hotel rooms, breakfasts, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Chapters will automatically be billed for four delegates early this spring and will be able to pay for these delegates via the chapter dashboard. All additional attendees will pay at the time of registration.
Part-time attendees who are not required delegates can attend individual meals and events. Prices for individual meals and events vary and are viewable from within the registration system.
Don't forget to use your Billhighway Prepaid Debit Card for your Convention travel and on-site expenses. Load your prepaid card to pay for your hotel rooms and incidentals, travel meals, airport parking, chapter supplies and esoteric equipment and any purchases you make at Chi O Creations. Please note: Grande Lakes Resort charges an incidental hold of $100 per room per night upon check in. If you plan to present your Billhighway Prepaid card upon check in, add $400-$500 extra to cover the incidental hold.
We encourage you to arrive early on Thursday, June 23rd or even the evening prior (Wednesday the 22nd). Meeting check-in begins Thursday the 23rd at 9AM, there is a pool party for all Chi Omegas beginning mid-morning and programming for most officers begins at approximately noon. Attendees may depart anytime on Sunday, June 26th.
Click HERE to make your room reservation at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes. NOTE: THIS STEP ONLY RESERVES YOUR HOTEL ROOM. TO REGISTER FOR THE MEETING, YOU MUST ALSO REGISTER FOR CONVENTION, HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click HERE for Convention 2016 FAQs, including the items, below:
- Instructions on how to nominate a Chi Omega alumna for the Supreme Governing Council
- Instructions on how to submit collegiate chapter points of pride
- Award applications
- Applications for scholarships to attend The Nancy Walton Laurie Leadership Institute of Chi Omega track at Convention (open to additional officers and alumnae at large not serving as required delgates)
- Off-site event/golf information (for guests or alumnae at large not serving as required delegates)
- Local transportation information
- Convention legislation
- Speaker announcements
- Instructions on downloading the Convention app
- What to wear
- What to pack
- And lots more!
Governing Council nominations are due April 25th, 2016. To be eligible for nomination, one must be a Chi Omega alumna and at a minimum, must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university. The National President must have previous experience of two or more years as a national officer. The Committee on Nominations will also be seeking women who have demonstrated knowledge of Chi Omega's rules and policies and that have served Chi Omega on the local, state, regional or national level. Current Governing Council members must be nominated again. For more information, please visit the Training and Resource Center on EveryDay.ChiOmega.com and search for "Governing Council Nomination" or to request a paper version of nomination forms and criteria, please call the Executive Headquarters at 901/748-8600.